Stop a Check
The Stop a Check page is used to request that we stop payment on one or more checks. This is typically used when checks are either lost or stolen. A stop payment fee may be charged for this request. Payments made using online bill payment cannot be stopped using this page.
- From your navigation links, click Stop a
Result: The Stop a Check page is displayed.
- Select the account from which the original check was written.
- Enter or select the reason for the request.
- Do one of the following:
- To stop payment on a single check, enter the name of the Payee and enter the Check Number. You can also choose to enter the Check Date or Amount.
- To stop payment on a range of consecutively numbered checks, enter the starting check number in the From Check Number field and the ending check number in the To Check Number field.
- Click Continue. Note: If changes are needed, click Edit.
Result: The Stop a Check Preview page is displayed.
- Click Submit request.
Result: The Stop a Check Confirmation page is displayed.